The Yorkshire Terriers kicked off for the first time at their new venue of David Young Academy, and ended up winning in some style to put the disappointment of last week's friendly defeat to Mersey firmly behind them. As in Brighton, the Pink and Blacks were quick of the mark and were ahead within the 2 minute mark with a superb strike from Jack Platt, who has now scored 5 goals from 3 competitive games - and looked a shade livelier this week having benefitted from more than an hour's sleep!

Trowbridge looked to be rocking, and their nerves looked less settled when Jack Elkin scored a real opportunist goal racing on to a loose ball and finishing clinically past Kim (the Trowbridge goalkeeper). At this point the Yorkshire Terriers had a firm stronghold on this game, and it was a wonder that the score then remained the same until half-time. The midfield trio of James, Butler and Nellist were winning every ball and supplying constant ammunition for the front 3 to dominate against the Trowbridge defence. Efforts from Butler, Grant, Platt, Elkin and James all went close but despite their dominance Terriers could not get that 3rd goal.

Towards the end of the first half the Terriers suffered a set-back when the ever commanding Pete Farrar suffered an injury and was forced to leave the field. Surprisingly this injury was not caused by his own efforts to fell an opposition player and seemed to be a muscle strain - he should hopefully recover in time for London. His replacement Jon Frost was in the starting line-up for the second time in the past 24hrs - but this time there was no oversight by the manager and he ably slotted into central defence.

The quest for the first 'gay-goal' of the season has sparked much debate in the drinking establishments of Leeds, and before half-time Grant thought he had had clinched this, but to his huge dissapointment he was judged by the referee to have uncharacteristically strayed offside. Subsequent replays showing the ref's decision to be incorrect, with Grant's lightning pace making it difficult for the official to call that one correctly.

The second half began in the most confusing fashion when the two linesmen were involved in a dramatic stand-off as to who's jurisdiction the right-side of the pitch was. This was cleared up by the referee after much bewilderment, and the officials reverted to their more traditional formation of 1-1-1.

The 3rd goal came a minute into the 2nd half after a long throw by Elkin, when Grant half-volleyed the ball into the corner of the next. Cue much fist-punching and wild celebration on the side-lines, as this game was effectively put to bed.

However, to their credit Trowbridge kept on plugging away and got their rewards about 15 minutes into the 2nd half when a headed goal was to inject some life into this game as a contest, and spark somewhat of a revival from Trowbridge as with the wind at their backs they started to gain in confidence and exert some pressure. However, there Terriers back line of Law, Nash, Frost, Rogers and Hearson stood firm and steadied the ship - giving their team-mates a platform from which to build again.

By this time Nash had begun to reshuffle his cards, using the exceptional strength in depth of his squad to make substitutions to introduce some fresh legs to the pitch with Ogley replacing Platt and Dan B replacing Grant - both substitutes working well down the flanks for the final 20 minutes.

The moment of the match came after a corner from the left-hand side of the pitch, when the ball fell on the edge of the box and Nellist struck the strike of his lifetime. As the ball dropped in front of his path the ball boys cowered in fear, and the officials already started sourcing a replacement match ball. However, inexplicably he managed to direct the ball into the goal which began scenes of unparalleled delight on the pitch and on the side-lines. In part of a celebration never quite seen before he seemed to pay testimony of some sort to his friend and previous manager of the Terriers Richard Sheard, as he incorporated Sheard's infamous 'one on, one off' theory and left the pitch completely - to be replaced by James Bayes.

Further substations followed with Graham, Fiasco and Hanson all coming on a standing ovation and an Ole! from Pete Richmond.

There was still time for another goal as the man-of-the-match Ian James linked up terrifically with Dan B on the left to measure an inch perfect cross into the box for Elkin to head home. James could have scored a hat-trick himself with a trio of chances coming and going, but he was quoted as saying 'he does not care one jot' as long as he can continue to supply the bullets for the strikers to fire, and of course that Terriers can continue this winning run.

The atmosphere in the changing rooms was electric, with bellowing chants of 'Carl Nash's Pink and Black Army' resounding out over Seacroft. This team will no doubt face a sterner test in London early next month, but with this level of performance and belief there is nothing to stop this team returning with a result.

Full Time - Terriers 5 - 1 Trowbridge